Welcome to Platte City! We are excited that you chose to join our growing community. Platte City provides high quality, cost effective municipal services to those that visit and live within our community.
If applyingfor a NEW OR A RENEWAL business license please begin licensing process 30 days prior to opening date, review the requirements and process.
1. Completed application and license fee payment. -- The following information is required as part of the application process.
? If you are a food establishment-- A copy of your current Platte County Health Department Permit is required with your application.
? If you are a retail sales establishment (this is if you sell any type of product or considered a fitness facility)-- A copy of your State of Missouri Retail Sales License, your State of Missouri Sales Tax Identification Number, and a No Sales Tax Due Letter.
? All business are required under Chapter 287 RSMo unless said business is exempt under that same chapter to provide proof of worker's compensation insurance. ALL CONTRACTORS (a contractor is a business or person in the construction industry) is required to show proof of worker's compensation or complete the affidavit on a form developed by the Division of Labor and Industrial Relations for the State of Missouri (this document must be signed in front of a notary)
2. Business License Applications are available at City Hall or in the document center of the City’s website: http://www.plattecity.org/documents.aspx . If you have questions regarding the business license application of process you may reach the City Clerk’s office at (816) 858-3046.
Completed application (and all applicable documentation) and payment may be dropped off or mailed to:
City of Platte City, Attn: City Clerk 400 Main Street, Platte City, Missouri 64079
We also accept submittal of your application (and all documentation) by email (email@example.com) or fax (816)858-5402 and subsequent credit or debit card payment by phone (816)858-3046.
A processing fee applies on all credit or debit card payments (at this time the City only accepts VISA or MASTERCARD)
1. Platte County Missouri Merchant License: By Phone (816)858-3356 (All businesses in Platte County are required to have a Platte County Merchant License)
2. To register your business name contact the Missouri Secretary of State’s Office (573)751-4153 or visit their website at: http://www.sos.mo.gov/forms/corp/corp56.pdf
3. To apply for a Missouri State Sales Tax number, contact the Missouri Department of Revenue at (573)751-7191 or visit their website at: http://dors.mo.gov/tax/coreg/index.jsp
4. Missouri Department of Labor and Industrial Relations 421 East Dunklin, PO Box 59, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0059 (573) 751-3215 or http://labor.mo.gov/
5. Platte County Health Department 1201 East Street, Parkville, MO 64152 (816) 587-5998 or http://www.plattecountyhealthdept.com/
You may also visit the Platte City web site for additional information related to obtaining a business license for Platte City. www.plattecity.org